The City of Tucker is growing fast. We need good leadership in our local government to ensure that both our businesses and residents are well represented. Join us in helping Cara Schroeder get elected to the Tucker City Council. Together we can continue to grow wisely. Together we can preserve the city we love while embracing our bright future. Together we win!
Most all residents of District 2 are keenly aware of the serious safety issues plaguing our major thoroughfares and neighborhood streets in and around Tucker. Since the start of the pandemic illegal street racing has been roaring throughout city streets and major highways, disrupting our peace and quite while posing dangerous conditions to other drivers as well as pedestrians. As your next city council member, I will ensure that this along with road conditions for public safety are addressed.
Ensure that improvements called for by our residents and recommended by safety experts in Tucker’s Transportation Plan are implemented throughout District 2:
- Intersection safety improvements like the one recently completed at Brockett and Cooledge.
- Complete streets for both pedestrian and driver safety.
- Additional sidewalks and sidewalk gap completion along our major connector roads including Brockett, Cooledge, Fellowship and Idlewood.
- Traffic calming measures including speed detection.
- Support the Tucker Path plan for safe connections to our parks, our schools and the current Path segment along East Ponce.
- Partner with our Development Authority and the Tucker Northlake CID to make this gateway into our city more inviting and welcoming.
- Work with business and property owners to improve curb appeal and help them maximize their potential to attract new businesses, additional customers and create quality jobs for our residents.
As your Tucker City Councilmember, I’ll represent you, all of District 2 and the more than 37,000 people who call Tucker home.
- My goal is to create a nurturing atmosphere where all who choose to live in Tucker feel welcome and integral to the success of our city with opportunities for volunteer efforts, public involvement, and other forms of service to the community.
- One of our greatest assets is the diversity of our people. Embracing and empowering that diversity strengthens all of Tucker.
Tucker Tomorrow, developed in 2016, is an official statement of the City’s vision for its future, and expresses the Tucker community’s aspirations and goals for its future, while articulating a corresponding set of policies and recommendations to guide future decisions regarding land use, development, and capital improvements. I will focus on implementation of the city master plans for downtown development, parks, trails and transportation.
As with most cities right now, Tucker is faced with how to balance preserving what we love about our city, while embracing our future which will always include change and growth. Without change and growth, we become extinct. The key is to grow wisely so we keep that “hometown feel” and affordability so Tucker continues to be a welcoming place for our members of our community.